Contact Info

Email: mlarson4@myldsmail.net

Mission Office Address:
Elder Matthew Robert Larson
Washington Seattle Mission
10675 NE 20th Street
Bellvue, Washington 98004-2860

Monday, August 29, 2016

Week 45

I am very Happy! the least to say

In my mission so far, I have learned what a successful missionary really, someone who Genuinely Loves the people he is serving, works his Hardest, and makes everything an Opportunity! I have seen this define some of the those I look up to! I Aspire to become that myself 😃

I had my First Baptism last Saturday with Caitlynn, she was so excited and Nervous, but she stood strong and went for it. I was surprised when she asked me to do it, but she didn't know any guys in the ward, our bad on our part, but none the less I am Honored she asked me to Baptize her.  I myself was super nervous, cause I really didn't want to mess up 😉  Cool story though, her dad the night before came up to us and said "she is not getting Baptized 😠", we talked with him a little bit, but he was stern on what he said. We prayed after we left that his heart would soften before Caitlynn's Baptism, we then called the Grandma Jan Lee and she told us that he didn't care if we Baptized Caitlynn, *Phew* avoided a rough situation. I am so Happy I was here when Elder Sorensen and I first started teaching her and to be here when she has become a member. 😁  Jan Lee, Caitlynn's active Grandma and I talked and we agreed that Caitlynn doesn't know it all, but she certainly is on the right Path! same goes for all of us who actively seek out Righteousness and use the Atonement that Jesus provided for us.


The Fun isn't over my Friends, since I consider you all to be my Friends in the Gospel 🤘For this upcoming week, we look forward to helping Ed Everett and our local Stud Tristan Webb into the Gates of Baptism! I'll talk more about them next week😋 Know this that our ward is "Zion" for they have proved time and time again what Real Saints Do. That is to Love, have patience, and treat those around you kindly. 😅 Wow, I could be good preacher and start my own church😛 yeah right, I'm too white and nerdy 🤓 

Anyway what I'm trying to say is that Elder Van Wagoner and I are being takin care of real nicely and the Prayers are highly appreciated 👍

Love and Prayers, Elder Larson 💚
P.S.  Yesterday we were at a missionaries farewell and tomorrow he goes with his Mom to Provo and is going to speak Cantonese in Hong Kong, we had dinner with his whole extended family and literally just like the time before I left it was sad, Awkward, then sad again 😥 It helps me reflect on where I have been before my mission and what I have Accomplished.  I've learned you can't control everything no matter how much you want to, but when you focus on the things you can control, the other things fall into place.  When others don't want to talk to us, or are rude to us, or persecute us, I choose to not frown, I choose to not be offended, but more Importantly I choose to Love them! My Testimony has grown, I know this church is True, I see it everyday the Fruits of this church, I have partaken time and time again, and I know that this fruit is good and I say this in Jesus Christ's name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment