Contact Info

Email: mlarson4@myldsmail.net

Mission Office Address:
Elder Matthew Robert Larson
Washington Seattle Mission
10675 NE 20th Street
Bellvue, Washington 98004-2860

Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 24

Dear my Beloved Family, Friend, and Enemies

This past week was great, Elder Heppler, Felix, Farr, and I ate at Five Guys, which was so good and then we played B-ball for 3 hours.  When I get back, I'm gonna dunk on all you fools. Sadly, Elder Heppler was emergency transferred so we have to get a ride from Zone Leaders now and they already give other Elders a ride, so lets just say a group of Elders in a car is dangerous. Thank goodness we have Tiwi's in the car, they will prevent us from getting too crazy.  On Tuesday, we had a District Meeting and it was great but afterwards the zone leaders were inspecting the cars so we ended up staying together for an hour and I, for fun, drew Lehi's dream on the white board and everybody thought it was hilarious.  I was just killing time. After the meeting, I went on exchanges with Elder Meyer, Elder Meyer is companions with Elder Van Wagner right now, but one transfer ago he finished training with Elder Hales my trainer, so Elder Meyer and I are like brothers. Anyway Elder Meyer is amazing he could talk to anyone, he doesn't even care. We knocked on some Jewish doors and he was surprised that Jewish people don't believe in Christ so I taught him Jew 101. We played B-ball with Will and Elder Meyer is a fantastic shot he won every game we played. We had dinner with the Atehortua's and as always they make amazing Colombian food and dessert. Elder Meyer is 20 and his 21st birthday is Feb. 2nd and we are going to do something fun for his birthday. Wednesday there was a world wide broadcast to all the missionaries in the world, can you believe it, I watched the same thing as Jacob, Adam, Jackson, and Michael. It got me pumped up for missionary work. Afterwards we went to Bro. Jacobson's house to walk his dog Henry, YEAH missionary work. We went to the Thrift shop afterwards and to be honest, I'm starting to get board with it. It's slowing down on donations so Elder Farr and I stand around doing nothing or we do random jobs around the shop, but service is service and we are loved in the community because of it. Thursday was a tracting day, nice!  At 5pm, Staten called us and invited us over to meet his non-member friends. When we arrived, it was a party. There was pizza and soda and Staten and his friends were playing music.  We talked to his friends and they didn't even know what missionaries are. They said that they just shut the door, but don't really know what missionaries are. So we had a nice chat about missionary work.  Friday SKIP! nothing to interesting happened. Saturday we met up with Carissa at McDonalds and taught her about our church, she is really busy, but wants to learn. Sunday I gave a talk on Relying on the Spirit, it was three minutes long because the sacrament was also a missionary homecoming and I was asked by several people to keep my talk short, which I gladly Obliged.  Connor Bernal just got off his mission in Mexico speaking Spanish and talked for forty minutes on how great a mission it is. He was such a good speaker, I almost wanted to go on a mission myself! I was kind of sad that my talk was inferior to Connor's, but many people came up to me and said I did a good job. In priesthood meeting our lesson was on the Holy Ghost and people were referencing my talk, and I almost cried when Sister Atehortua came up to us and said that during sacrament she felt the spirit telling her that we are the right missionaries for this ward. We ate dinner With Connor that night and heard all his great mission stories. This past week was great! I learned so much. I received music from Elder Heppler and it had the Ministry of Jesus Christ, but in musical form, I've been addicted to it, it keeps playing over and over in my head. If you get, but one thing out of this email, please let it be that as we serve the Lord we truly see how our lives are blessed.


With Infinite Love, Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment