Contact Info

Email: mlarson4@myldsmail.net

Mission Office Address:
Elder Matthew Robert Larson
Washington Seattle Mission
10675 NE 20th Street
Bellvue, Washington 98004-2860

Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 21

Jan. 4th, 2016

Dear my Precious loved ones, 

This week was pretty good, finally the holidays are over, that means all our investigators are back. We met up with Vicki and did some yard work for her and took down her Christmas tree. I really love serving Vicki, not because she always feeds us or gives us CHOCOLATE MILK, but it's because she is a down to earth lady who wants to give back to society even though she is limited to a wheel chair. She has not decided when she wants to be baptized but she is really pondering a date.  I know that if she is not baptized while Elder Farr and I are here, she will be baptized due to all the strong connections that she has in the ward and I know I will continue to love her whether she is baptized or not. 
New Years Day, we had to go in early, no exceptions.  We watched Ephraim's rescue as a mission and I really felt the spirit while watching it.  It's a good movie, if you haven't seen it, watch it. 
We got new phones as a mission and the whole process was confusing. While transferring our data to the new phone, it completely messed up everybody's names in our contact list, but now Elder Farr and I have fixed everything. After the movie we went on a mini exchange with our Zone leaders Elder Ivie and Piekarski. We all went down south of Mercer Island and locked the van.  Elder Piekarski and I went right and Elder Ivie and Farr went Left.  When it was 8:30pm we headed back to the van, so that Elder Piekarski and Ivie could be home on time. The problem was, the car keys were not working.  We were trying to open the car and it took 15 minutes till we finally figured out how to open the Van. We almost had a Sleep over on Mercer. All's well that ends well. 
Sunday was great, not many members were there for sacrament but Vicki and our on date investigator Carissa were there. By the way we have a new Investigator named Carissa and she wants to be baptized Jan. 23.  Due to a lack of testimonies during the meeting, Elder Farr and I went up to bear our testimonies.  I love bearing my testimony but I want the members to have a chance. President and Sister Schofield told us after the movie that they would not be able to attend church Sunday but they showed up anyways as a surprise to me.  Bro. Jolley, the Gospel Principles teacher was not there, so Elder Farr and I taught the lesson on the Final Judgement. Vicki loved our lesson even though Elder Farr and I were shaky at first. President and Sister Schofield stayed in our class and liked our lesson as well. It is honestly strange for me being in so much contact with the mission President, me just being an everyday missionary.  Anyway that was my week and may the Force(Spirit) be with you!

With lots of Love, Elder Larson


No comments:

Post a Comment