Contact Info

Email: mlarson4@myldsmail.net

Mission Office Address:
Elder Matthew Robert Larson
Washington Seattle Mission
10675 NE 20th Street
Bellvue, Washington 98004-2860

Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 72

Well I Had a major Transition this week!

Cottage Lake/Hollywood Hill got Pink Washed, which means Sisters...

Spent My P-day with Zone Leaders Elder VW(Van Wagoner) and Poppy(Kohler) spent all day driving around making sure areas are ready for Transfers

Tuesday went to Denny's with President and the Assistants for Breakfast. Then Elder VW, Poppy, and I went to the airport, didn't pick up any new missionaries, but we did grab all their Luggage.

Now I am serving in Finn Hill! I was pretty sure I was going to FInn Hill the whole time, since it's the only English non-Zone Leader area. My new Companion is.... Elder Nielsen (We were in the same MTC District 😁) and in Finn Hill we Bike! Up and down the hills, in the Rainy and Windy weather! 

I have to say though Finn Hill is on Fire, we are working with two Investigators that are On Date for this Transfer. We have a young girl who is 16 and has always wanted to have God in her life and she found the church through a friend, she is on date for March 25th. Then we have another young girl who is 9, her parents have been less active, but now are active in the church once again, she is on date for March 18th. I haven't met much of the ward yet, but so far they are all very nice and Loving. I already feel like a part of their Ward Family!

Funny story: Got a referral from Arizona for a guy, so we went and contacted him and he either has mental issues or he was really drunk. Well he was a very funny guy, doesn't know anything about us, but told his Mormon friend he would meet with us. Around the end of the Lesson, he looks me dead in the Eye and asks "Do you need a Girl?", "Uh what" I reply. He then goes off on how he has an attractive 19 year old daughter and that he would love to set us up... I told him I wasn't interested right now, then he started joking about other things. As a missionary though, those kinds of curve balls can really throw you off... *eh he*, but not me of course.....

Also, I made a new Friend, Juvy, he is 16 a priest and his family is from the Philippines, the moment I met him we clicked and are already good buddies, I can't wait to make more friends in this ward

Any ways... Love You all lots and hope the Gospel continues to run smoothly in your lives 

Arizona Born, Elder Larson

 Elder VW and I at the Hillcrest Bakery


What happens when you have 3 missionaries together?  Bow Ties!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment