Contact Info

Email: mlarson4@myldsmail.net

Mission Office Address:
Elder Matthew Robert Larson
Washington Seattle Mission
10675 NE 20th Street
Bellvue, Washington 98004-2860

Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 33

Happy Easter!!!!!!!

Wow what a week Elder Wolfy and I had! 

Monday: Elder Hodsen's last P-day, so we went to a Japanese Buffet called Mizukies. It was Elder Hodsen, McalMurray, Hunt, Sill, Woolf, and I sat down with big plates of fun in this nice backroom of the joint, when we went back for seconds though we saw the rest of the Zone Elders there and that is in violation with White Handbook Rulez, so nobody was in trouble, because it was just a huge Coincidence that every Elder wanted Mizukies. It was super Fun coincidence. Then we had a heated Basketball match, it was me Elder Hodsen, McalMurray, and I VS the rest and Elder Hodsen is Huge, so it was lay up after layup, but I represented the Larson Legacy by getting the game winning point in our Heated Game of B-ball. That night we had dinner with the Mason family and they are the first family to cook us Burgers strangely enough and we had a great lesson on missionary work with them!

Tuesday: Last District Meeting and we ended it off with a Bang! everyone gave training all of which were powerful! I received my Easter Package full of goodies which I was thrilled to eat! Met this guy last week who said he was in a middle of nap, but comeback, so we didn't expect much, but this guy Jim was really nice and invited us in and we saw his guitar and he and Elder Woolf played some songs. He was interested in what we had to say, so we hope next time goes even better! Had dinner with Grimes, it was Chicken and soup, it was super good. Sister Grimes maiden name is actually Larson, so we might be related. They also have an adorable little girl named Lyla and she reminds me of Aiden, because she has to be the center of attention and that might be Larson blood after all!

Wednesday: Went to Dentist to pick up Elder Woolf's mouth guard and while we were there the receptionist offered us cookies, so nice. Went to lunch with bro. Bevilaqua at this French bakery and we had pizza and Croissant sandwiches which were super good. The double baked chocolate Croissant is to die for! we are getting some of that after the mission for sure! Had pizza with Fransen again. Help with Mutual, which on Missionary work, so the kids received calls and went to the MTC and experienced what the mission culture was like. It was very well planned and having the adults volunteer to teach about their missions was even better. My part was teaching the importance of studying Preach My Gospel before and during your Mission and Elder Woolf taught the daily life of a Missionary, hands down Elder Woolf';s topic is by far better, but I gave it my best shot and though I'm not to Accurate at times, I am very Precise! Right Dad! 

Thursday: Weekly Planned. Not to much happened, because of Spring break most people are not home. We did literally see a group of chickens cross a random road? thats about it though.

Friday: Went to Mission Office to pick up medicine for Elder Woolf's Hemophilia. Super Sunny day literally nobody home, so we contacted Lincoln Park and it was just full of people, but nobody really stopped to talk to us maybe my sunglasses were throwing them off, who knows? It was very beautiful outside so it was worth it! Taught a lesson to the Patricelies about missionary work, which went really well. Sis. Patricelie got emotional when we gave their son Collin a bag with books to help him prepare for a mission, mind you we did not put effort into the bag, another member did and wanted us to give it to the 13yr old lad, but it really made the experience more spiritual! Then I played Chess with the 11Yr old lad Simon and he destroyed me hard again, but Charity faileth not, because while we were playing, I was throwing out my Scriptural vocabulary and teaching Simon some key Verses, thats what I call multitasking!

Saturday: Still nobody home, but we did meet some Samoan kids and they were interested, so if anything we got the Samoan Elders a new Referral! Met up with Rebecca, she is from Africa, close to Arabia, used to be a bodyguard to a Princess and a whole bunch of other things. She is the most sweetest and spiritual lady I have ever met.  She loves missionaries so much, because they brought the truth to her and it has blessed her life. While we were there she made us a feast of food and she is a very good cook! Afterwards we gave her a blessing of comfort! It was great!

Sunday: I hid eggs that Elder Woolf's mom sent him and watched him do a mini Easter Egg Hunt, it was really nice to spend a great Holiday with a Great Companion! Church was super good for me, I feel like I finally know the ward here and I absolutely loved it! It was rainy, so people were home and we got more Investigators, we have been truly blessed for our patience on the lord's time. Had dinner with the Bevilaquas a awesome Italian family and had a amazing lesson with the kids, Elder Woolf just has a talent for being simple yet powerful in teaching kids.

We received the sad news that Elder Woolf will be transferred and I will be staying, I will truly miss Elder Wolfy, their was literally never a dull moment with us and even though our personalities clashed at the beginning we are the bestest friends now. The mission has really taught me how to live with others and solve problems and being open with others. I regret not getting it sooner, but I have repented and changed! Bring it on, whatever happens next I don't know, but we will all soon find out in due time?

With Grateful Love, Elder Matthew R. Larson    

No comments:

Post a Comment