Contact Info

Email: mlarson4@myldsmail.net

Mission Office Address:
Elder Matthew Robert Larson
Washington Seattle Mission
10675 NE 20th Street
Bellvue, Washington 98004-2860

Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 80

If I could tell you my past week experience in one simple phrase it would be

"Wait a Moment, Things are About to get Good"

Good Tidings I bring to all who actually care to read my email:

This one's for the Fans 👍

During the 76th annual Hunger Games our District made some poor moves which put us way behind, Sunday we got super pumped and went out and worked hard, but we got so little points. We were at least 100 points behind Zion District and 130 points behind Irreantium District. On Monday though we pulled through and got 130 points, Zion got 0, and Irreantium only got 10. We were in Second! Tuesday I brought my Secret Weapon "Chocolate Chip Cookies" for the Bake Off. After District Meeting though I came out with my cookies and I wiped out the competition, by wiped out I really mean Sister Peterson and Elder Mobley forgot to bring cookies, so I won by default and we got another 50 points for winning the Bake off, we were in the lead! Our District worked hard for the rest of the day since Tuesday was the last day. We pulled in 180 points for the final night, when the other Districts heard we were fire, they all dropped out. Kirkland District had a Ruff start, but we didn't give up, one might say we were even the "Comeback Kings". Moral of the story "Don't Give Up"!  

Now back to Missionary Work and what not

We Tracted a whole lot since we were runnin low on people to teach. It was interesting though we would tract for 2 hours knocking doors and nobody would talk to us, except for the last person. Patience is truly a Virtue and I feel like this week was meant for me to Practice my Patience. With all the empty houses and not Interested people, we still found "Amid the Gloom, Triumph". We found a good amount of people to teach and had many wonderful discussions.

One thing that was really humbling for me was, I am not the biggest fan of knocking doors, but I recognize that we can't teach unless we have people to teach, even if it means knocking a lot of doors. Elder Frei does not like knocking doors, because of bad experiences. I prayed that we would have good experiences while tracting and we had some amazing ones, I am thankful I was able help him like tracting 💗 

Elder Frei is like a Roll and I'm like the Butter, we work very well together. The Spirit is there, we are able to help each other out where the other one lacks. He is a good Comp and together we are shredding up FInn Hill, Literally on our bikes!

Gwyneth Dreessen got BAPTIZED! everything went Well and smooth! our next one is going to be Arbrie for sure, she is progressing so well and the last time we taught a lesson she gave us a bunch of fruits, but that's just a plus. We helped out a couple ward members moving stuff around their houses and what not, I guess with Sun finally coming out, people are suddenly changing things up! bro. Perry took us to nice Mexican Restaurant called Plaza Garcia. As we were going out the Waiter gave us a blessing 👌

Yep it was a grand week that will surely be talked about in the years to come. I wish you all a Grandastic week!

Love and Prayers, Elder Larson
Dale(Gramps),Gwyneth (little girl), Elder Larson (The awkward looking one), and Elder Frei (the buff guy)
Arachnious Deathicus tried to foil the baptism, by poisoning the font. But elder Frei wasn't going to let him.



No comments:

Post a Comment