Contact Info

Email: mlarson4@myldsmail.net

Mission Office Address:
Elder Matthew Robert Larson
Washington Seattle Mission
10675 NE 20th Street
Bellvue, Washington 98004-2860

Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 6

Dear Cool Mom,

This week has been fantastic, we mostly had appointments this week and taught many lessons. This lady in a wheelchair named Vikki really felt the spirit and wants to be more like Christ, I asked her if she would be baptized October 3rd and she said yes. We also met these two 23 year old guys who wanted to play halo with us, we of course said no, but we invited them on a church tour. They were very interested and felt a sense of peace in the church, we asked them that if they came to know for themselves that these things are true, would be baptized and start your spiritual journey, they said yes, no exact date yet, but we are working with them and praying that they will come to know for themselves that these things are true by the power of the holy ghost. This week I ate with the Snipes on Monday, sister Snipe is from Canada, we had vegetarian pizza and it was interesting since they are both recent converts. We ate with the Atehortuas on Tuesday, they are originally from Columbia, we had Peruvian chicken, beans, rice, French fries, and ice cream. I was on exchanges that day with Elder Sill, my friend from MTC, so I was senor companion that day, it was awesome. On Wednesday we ate with the Jollys, we had spicy beef teriyaki, they had a nonmember friend there named Bryan he was nice to us and enjoyed our lesson. On Sunday we had lunch with the Bernalls, we had pumpkin pie soup and pasta and salad mixed together, it was tasty. The Bernalls daughter Izzie had her farewell talk that day as well, she is going to Honduras, Spanish speaking. That night we had a member missionary fireside. The missionaries sang songs and recent converts bear testimony, it was inspiring. I loved seeing my friends from MTC and meeting new missionaries. So far I am loving this mission so much and I haven't been homesick at all, which was what I was most worried about, but as I continue to work hard, I learn to really love these people and feel compassion for them. As I am told repeatedly, prepare for the future, remember your past, and live today! I love you all and wish nothing but the best for you.

With Love Elder Matthew Larson


P.S. Brianna obey the law of the road for pete sake. Josh why did you never want to go on group dates with me. Shaylin where are my pics of Aiden. Dad continue to enforce law. Mom keep being a good example to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment